Without standards, even simple basic standards, buyers can not make effective purchase decisions when evaluating “green “ solutions and products. In turn, sellers and producers can not effectively differentiate and even determine which “green” products the market needs. Green Technologies as a category can be misleading through buyer confusion and savvy marketers –
– It is important to be able to measure the value you are receiving out of your carbon free meeting initiatives.
• C02 reductions• Cost savings.• Time savings.
What is Carbon Free Meeting Certified?
• C02fmc certified is an organizational certification programproviding a baseline standard that enables hardware, software and other products to be measured against their environmental savings.
– Why do we need to be c02fmc certified?
• No other standards body exists to certify companies who meet the stringent requirements needed to be recognized for using advanced communication technologies to reduce their carbon footprint.• Carbon Tax Credits.
– What is the application process to become c02fmc certified?
• Fill out c02fmc certified application• Illustrate proper measurement and tracking tool.• Illustrate a defined period of use that illustrates measurablesavings in carbon emissions
– Need Help – We’re here to help you , especially with measurement, tracking and reporting tools.
– Is there a logo we can use?
• Yes, in fact there are three different variations.
– Are there different levels of certification?
• Yes – Audio, video or collaboration — or a combination of allthree.
– Is there a fee associated with Certification?
• Yes, there is a minimal fee based size of your organization and level of certification.
– Can we submit a product to be certified?
• Yes – we have already begun accepting applications for our product certification program and we are processing them in a timely manner.
Greening Your Business with
“Know Beans About Green” by Bev Oster
Bev Oster greened her advertising and pr agency and has turned her practical experience into a story-based model for other businesses to use as a model for defining their business opportunities and leading their team through the greening process. “Know Beans About Green” is a fun read and an excellent model for small business greening, especially for service businesses. Highly recommended!